Benefits of Jojoba Oil
Jojoba such a funny name but full of wonderful benefits for hair. Where does it come from though ? Is it a fruit? Is it a bark or root? Actually it's a wax extracted from a shrub that goes by the scientific name “Simmondsia Chinensis” which grows in the US (Stylecraze.com). The benefits and properties are numerous but for the purposes of this blog we are focusing on the hair and scalp. Jojoba has the ability to mimic sebum, our readers will know that sebum is the oil our skin naturally produces. It helps to nourish our hair follicles and maximize our hair’s growth rate. Jojoba oil is very rich in vitamin E, Omega 6 & 9 fatty acids, and a saturated fatty acid called Docosanol that helps battle viral infections. Now that we have that covered lets list some of the benefits it offers. NB this list is by no means exhaustible.
- It works as a great scalp moisturizer- Remember in our introduction we stated that jojoba oil has the same molecular structure as sebum, so it keeps your scalp moisturized with a healthy alternative. This improves the health of the hair follicles and helps to regulate the production of sebum which can clog pores.
- It helps blood circulation and combats germs.- Jojoba has antimicrobial properties meaning it inhibits the growth and spread of germs. It can also help fight infection and soot any inflammation the hair might have.
- It helps to control hair loss - It's a cause for concern when one loses more than 100 strands of hair per day which is more than average. One of the biggest reasons for hair loss are clogged pores. What jojoba does is help to remove excess dirt and buildup as well as nourish your hair shaft and hair follicle. To aid the hair strand in growing healthy.
- It's lightweight and adds shine- It's the ideal ingredient to use as a serum or leave in treatment. It helps to tame the hair without it weighing it down like other oils do, it also adds shine and gloss without being too sticky.
- Helps with hair growth - Blood circulation in the scalp is very important for hair growth and this is what jojoba promotes. When you massage your scalp with this oil it makes sure that the hair follicles receive sufficient nutrients which is required for hair growth.
We decided to use jojoba oil because of all of these wonderful benefits in our Cher-Mere INaturals line. This line of products was specifically crafted with natural hair individuals in mind using natural key ingredients such as moringa, jojoba oil, avocado oil and sunflower oils to bring out that natural beauty your hair contains. You can check out that line of products here.