A proper facial care regimen can be rather tough to stick to given that we can be so busy these days. We have to remove makeup daily, cleanse, tone and moisturize. Not forgetting to mention using a mask now and again daunting right ? However one very vital step can make all of these steps much more worth doing and that step is exfoliation. For all those who are new to this step exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from the outermost layer of our skin, exposing the fresh new layer of cells.
As we grow older the body takes longer to shed it's older cells that's why it's very important as we age to exfoliate. There are so many benefits that comes with adding exfoliation to your facial care regimen but we are going to list a few very important ones.
- It generally makes your skin smoother : Because you are exfoliating the dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. It improves the texture of your skin as the new skin is smooth to the touch.
- It helps to fade blemishes over time: We all have those pesky blemishes from past pimple invaders. However those dark marks are only on the surface and they don't have to stick around forever by exfoliating and removing that dead top layer you will see those marks fade over time.
- It can stop breakouts: If you have been reading our past blogs then you would know that dead skin cells can cause build up which clogs your pores and clogged pores then lead to breakouts. So when you remove those dead skin cells you stop that chain reaction that leads to breakouts.
- It's Good for your skin tone: When you remove that top layer of dirt dead cells and even left over makeup You brighten your skin tone and even it out. Your skin gets a nice glow as a result because the new skin is fresher looking.
- It allows your skin care products to work better: Cleansers, toners and moisturizers, penetrate much better when they don't have to go through a layer of dirt and dead skin. There is no guarantee that your products will work if you aren’t exfoliating.
Now that you know what benefits you get just from adding this simple step to your regimen try out our new Spa Naturals Facial Scrubs. They come in three key ingredients to accommodate different skin types. With moringa, chocolatte, and charcoal each containing organic jojoba beads you will experience the benefits of this great product.